March 29, 2012

I'm still alive.

I promise I have not dropped off the face of the Earth. I've just been spending all my time with my favorite people. The first week Joshua was home didn't help with the whole staying connected online. Our house wifi crashed and Joshua's new smartphone wouldn't connect even though my (much less expensive, ahem) smartphone connected to the very same mobile network without a problem. So for several days we had two laptops and one cell phone down. Only being able to connect via my phone would have been a nightmare a month ago but thankfully, I'm free of my technological umbilical cord. I can sleep without holding my phone...I can turn off my computer. Seems like something so small but it's been the most freeing time. 


I would like to apologize because before my somewhat abrupt disappearance from the blogging world, I had promised to finish my series on Disney resorts. I'd love to say, it will be up tomorrow or next Monday as I usually post the Disney posts on Monday but I can't say that. Joshua will only be home for so much longer. He has to go back to work soon and I want to spend as much time as I can with him and the kids. Thankfully, I have some awesome Disney friends and I'll be posting some guest blog posts from them over the next couple of weeks...one in particular that I'm looking forward to reading is from a good friend's husband...he is in their marriage what I am in ours when it comes to Disney planning so it should be fun to get a male/father's perspective.


Finally, just to catch everyone up to what we've been doing...my birthday was the 23rd (aka opening day for The Hunger Games) and my AWESOME husband managed to call my FAVORITE theater...the Moore Warren...from Afghanistan before the tickets went on sale in February and Pat (my new favorite movie theater manager) took down Joshua's credit card number over the phone and then when tickets went on sale, he bought us the best seats in the house for the matinee. They were in the Director's Suite...it's a 21 and over theater with only about 40 seats...all of which are electronically reclining, heated, overstuffed beautiful seats. Plus there's a server for full restaurant and bar available with the push of a button. It's not gross, movie theater food...it's restaurant quality yumminess. There is no better way to watch a movie...just so you know.


Other than going out to eat...and eating at home...actually, we're doing a lot of eating...visiting with friends, family time and a couple dates, I've managed to force my husband and children to smile and pose so I can take pics way more than I normally would. I know it's a honeymoon period and soon Joshua and/or the children will revolt so I'm getting all the pics in that I can. Here's a few of my favorites...















1 comments:

JG said...

I just can't get enough of these pictures! Great job!