November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving...?

I'm probably the only one not feeling the nostalgic holiday...we just got back from Florida, the weather has been so much warmer than usual and Joshua's not home. It just doesn't feel right. I made the mistake of telling my mother that I just wasn't feeling it this year and ended up having to convince her that I'm not depressed. For the record, I'm not depressed. 
It just feels off. Don't get me wrong, I have more to be thankful for than any other year. Our baby girl is here (woohoo, not pregnant) and our boy is doing great even with the deployment.
In the end, what I'm thankful for most, is Joshua. Without him, I wouldn't have most of the greatest things in my life...our kids, our home, the ability to stay at home with our kids, many of our friends, almost everything that really matters. Holidays are not the same without him so I'm not feeling it. I'll still bake and have a big meal but I'm thankful that next year, we'll all be together again.

0 comments: