May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

I knew I wanted to do a Memorial Day post...it almost feels like I need to but now that I'm sitting down to write what today is really about I'm not sure I have the words anymore.

Granted, today is a day when families come together BBQ, swim and just have a good time. I think that's great but I hope everyone remembers why they can do that. Men and women have given their lives so that we have the freedoms we so easily take for granted. Today is about remembering their sacrifice and the families they left behind.

For me and every other deployment wife or husband, in addition to honoring the dead and wounded, today is another day that we hold our breath and wait for next year's Memorial Day when our loved ones will be home enjoying a BBQ and taking kids swimming.





0 comments: