March 26, 2010

TGI...F? Really? It's Friday, When Did That Happen?

My days seem to mush together now that the weekend really doesn't matter. The only thing that set today apart from yesterday or tomorrow was that I expected/hoped to get a letter from Joshua by now...I didn't so Benjamin and I ran to the bank, the library and then to Walmart to pick up some crackers...sadly, I left Walmart with $200 less than when I went in. I want to say "wow, I can't believe that happened" but the fact is, I medicate with shopping. I'm super thrifty normally, some (read: most people) may even say I'm cheap but when I'm upset I tend to let loose a bit and so I did today. I miss him and I've written a letter every day since I dropped him off...it just sort of happened and now as my pile of letters for which I have no address gets higher and higher, I can't help but wonder if when I finally can send them, I should. I don't want him to be mocked for having the "stalker wife."

I'm sure his letter(s) will arrive and I will send all of mine, I just wish it would be sooner rather than later.

On a much happier note, I'm going out tomorrow night for my birthday with several of my favorite ladies at a fabulous restaurant downtown and then onto a hotel with a hot tub! My mom's coming down to spend the night with the boy and I plan to ditch the kid and enjoy every moment of it...I mean, once I can rip myself away from my precious child I will go to my bittersweet dinner without him (riiight). Considering that I'm a stay at home mom, we've used a babysitter less than a dozen times and the kid's almost two years old, I don't feel a single twinge of guilt.

4 comments:

Roller Coaster said...

When my husband was in Iraq, I wrote him a letter every single day for 6 months. And believe me, he was NOT mocked for having a stalker wife. His buddies were jealous that he was getting all the mail! They live for that so don't stop. One bit of advice though...sometimes the letters don't arrive in order, so what I did was number the envelopes so he knew what order to read them. (Guys don't seem to look at dates.)

Have a fun night tomorrow. Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your night out! :)

JG said...

Yeah, absolutely send the letters. It's going to be his only touch with home, so he won't care what anyone else says...and they'll probably be jealous anyway! I'd advise mailing them separately, though, and numbering them. I sent the first "group" of letters in one envelope (all the stuff I'd written before we had an address) and it took a month to get there...he got every other letter within a couple of days...so I guess the weight or something held it up.

Brianna Renee said...

Thanks ladies...and JG that helps alot! I was going to do the same thing so I wouldn't have to individually stamp each one but I guess I will now and hopefully they'll get there together