August 27, 2012

Liebster Blog Award


The ever-entertaining (you should seriously check out all her and her hubby's awesome weekend adventures) Jen from The Adventures of our Army Life has graciously tagged me for the Liebster Award. I haven't done one of these in FOREVER so please excuse me if I make a terrible blogging etiquette faux-pas.

Here's the rub of it:

1. Each person must list 11 things about themselves.

2. Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you plus 

you MUST create a set of 11 new questions for the 11 people 

you tag.

3. Choose 11 bloggers

4. Absolutely no tag backs.

5. The bloggers have to have less than 200 followers.

6. Go inform them that you nominated them for the award.


Ok, so 11 things about me...

1-Before I married Joshua, I was a live-in nanny for a family with triplet pre-schoolers.

2-Disney World is my happy place and I much prefer to go without my children (yeah, I know, I'll never win mother of the year, I'm good with it).

3-I spent the summer after high school living in a tent and working at the base camp of a back-packing ranch in the mountains of northern New Mexico where I almost got bit by a rattle snake.

4-I lived in Israel the summer after my first year of college which also happened to be the summer after 9/11 so my friends and I were pretty much the only Americans in the entire country.

5-I LOVE milk. Like I go through a gallon in about 3 days...by myself. But it has to be super cold and only Vitamin D from Braums (a dairy store in Oklahoma).

6-I used to go back-packing and rock-climbing all the time but then I got old, married, had kids and became boring (not in that order) but I'm hoping to reclaim my younger awesome-ness soon.

7-I want at least 5 kids. It will most likely only be possible through adoption but for now, we enjoy the two we have.

8-I'm not normally a fan of reality TV but if I could, I would do just about anything to get onto The Amazing Race and see the world while competing...preferably with my husband but JG from Me and My SoldierMan would be a close second, if she'd have me.

9-Over the last year or two, I've become obsessed with sewing and now all I want is an embroidery machine so I can add to my obsession.

10-My biggest dream is to one day open my own photography studio...and own an RV (true story).

11-I'm a little OCD and ending on the number 11 is bugging me.




1. Where did you and your significant other meet?
At church

2. If you could visit any place where would it be?
As cliche as it is, I've always wanted to go to Italy

3. What is your favorite dessert?
Lemon meringue pie but I'm not a big dessert person

4. Do you have a favorite sports team?
Minnesota Vikings! Go VIKES!!! Yes, I recognize they almost always start off great and then slowly, painfully die off but I grew up in northern Minnesota right across the bridge from all those cheese heads and I will always proudly wear my purple and gold

5. What do you like more, beaches or lakes?
I could go either way...I hate swimming so beaches are great for laying out but lakes are perfect for jet skis

6. How many siblings do you have?
None. One. Three. Four...all of the above. My bio-dad is sort of a loser and as far as I know I only have one half brother on that side but there are rumors...who knows. On the other side, my mother's husband has three kids so I have 3 step-siblings but I was raised mostly as an only child...

7. How do you spend your days?
Homeschooling the boy. Battling the girl...she's a little too much like me

8. Do you have any pets?
Bubba. Our beloved 90lb Rhodesian Ridgeback...he's awesome and ridgebacks may be rare but they're also the best breed ever!
.
9. What do you do for fun?
Plan and go on vacations...whether they're big ones to Disney World or just a stay-cation around our area...I love to just get away with my family

10. If you could meet anyone who would it be?
Tony Blair. Why? Because he's still alive so it's possible but he's also so far outside my circle that it's basically impossible

11. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
The me-time it gives. It was my sanity savior while Joshua was deployed.


My 11 questions for my fellow bloggers...

1-What has been your favorite vacation so far?
2-When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
3-Favorite movie?
4-What's your favorite food?
5-What is your favorite pastime?
6-What's one thing most people would never guess about you?
7-What's your favorite blog to read (I'm always looking to find new interesting people online)?
8-Favorite book?
9-Why do you blog?
10-What's your favorite recipe?
11-Do you prefer winter or summer?


And here are the bloggers I've tagged...

None.

Yup. 

I'm breaking the rules. I don't want to tag some and leave some off (plus I'm tired and lazy) so if you want to join in, please do! I'd love to see lots of responses so get to work all my blogging friends! Meanwhile, Joshua's away for work and I'm exhausted so as pathetic as it is to go to bed before 10pm, goodnight!

1 comments:

Jen said...

Haha thanks for the shout out :) I also would LOVE to own an RV, I think it would be fun.