April 26, 2012

Finding Balance...Again

I think life is circular. Lessons are learned and relearned in new ways...or maybe it's just me and I'm a stubborn fool who has to relearn the same lesson over and over...actually I know I'm a stubborn fool sometimes but I still think life is circular.


8 months ago, I was learning how to balance having a brand new one month old daughter, a newly 3 year old son and a deployed husband. Just when I felt like I was catching on, we went to Florida to visit family, get ready for Joshua's R&R and just get away from home for a little while. After Halloween, we returned to Oklahoma and got ready for the holidays and once they had come and gone, we got ready for Joshua to come home. I still don't think there's been enough time to accurately reflect on the deployment as a whole but it feels like I spent much of my time relearning how to find balance in our lives which, again, is where I find myself now.


Yesterday, we took our princess to the doctor for her 9 month check up...it was a simple check of her size and general development. I'm always curious about her height and weight because she is SO much smaller than her brother was (he was the definition of a Buddha-baby). She, on the other hand, is tiny-less than the 20th percentile for both height and weight but healthy. Considering that I wore 2T clothes in Kindergarten, we're not worried. The best part of the visit was that although Joshua has started working again, he was able to come with us. It's the first time he's met the new pediatrician (whom I LOVE!). Afterward, we signed the boy up for summer T-ball and I test drove a new car...Hyundai Santa Fe (kinda love it!). It was just a really nice day-one might even call it normal. 


I'm hopeful that we're well on our way to a balance with homeschooling, Joshua's work, our relationships with each other and our friends and family. I have been reading (although not posting) many of the blogs I love and I'm realizing that blogging is something that I need...something that helps me to know that I'm not alone. So, I'm going to make more of an effort to include writing, reading and commenting into my new routine for me. 


In the meantime, here's some pics I took a few days ago...kids are so much fun.

"It's ok Bubba, I've got your back"

We took the kids to a traveling dinosaur exhibit and they had a facepainting area so the boy got a dragon. This pic is crazy to me because he doesn't look like my little 3 yr old boy, he looks so much older!

"No baby girl, you can't eat the grass."

Playing catch with Daddy
The boy: "I got it! I got it!"
The girl: "I don't want to get hit. I don't want to get hit."

7 comments:

Cash Car Wreckers said...

Really very happy to say, your post is very interesting to read. Cash Car Wreckers makes it simple to get wreckers adelaide for truck, SUV, Ute, sedan, van, 4×4, hatchback, or even bus. We make it simple to sell your used, junk, accident, or damaged vehicles for top dollars. We provide you with a cash quote for your car online or via call, which you may accept or reject. It’s that simple.

Best Cash For Carz said...

Hello! I found your website on google and found it very useful and informative for our business and I also shared your website with my other friends also. Best Cash For Carz is a locally owned cash for cars business in Melbourne, VIC. We started this business with an aim to provide customers with a quick and efficient way to sell their vehicles without leaving their homes. We have over a decade of experience in Melbourne’s automobile market and have hired industry experts to help us along the way. We purchase a variety of junk and car buyer melbourne in Australia and pay market competitive prices for them and remove it from your premises for FREE.

Local Cash For Cars said...

Hi, I am really glad I have found this info. There’s nothing better than a free service – except when you add to the equation a top-dollar payment up to $9,999! We buy cars. We resell or recycle them. There is no third person involve that means you get the best value. In fact, better value as compare to a dealer or wrecker.Get top cash for your old or junk car, Local Cash For Scrap Cars Sunshine Coast is the best and safest place to sell your unwanted car. Call Us Now 0483 333 000

sabrina sam said...

At Car Wreckers Gold Coast pay instant top dollars against your scrap, used, old, and unwanted cars in Acacia Ridge. If you are looking for a hassle-free used car for cash services and same-day free car removal, then you have come to the right place.

Car Wreckers said...

Our Scrap Car Removal Adelaide is convenient and hassle-free, as we deal with everything, right down to the paperwork. We serve all suburbs in Adelaide and never haggle over the price. We always offer you the most for your unwanted vehicle removal in Adelaide. Contact us today to get an instant cash offer. We buy Cars, Ute, SUV, Truck, Vans and 4x4. Don’t waste precious time on a car sale, We are ready to buy with top dollar cash ready to be in your pocket.

Speedy said...

Speedy Cash For Cars proudly accepts vehicles all around Brisbane and its surrounding areas. Make sure you let us know precisely where you need to get your vehicle picked up from and we will help you take care of it. If you’re based in Brisbane then our expert tow drivers also provide Cash For Scrap Cars Logan and its nearest regions.

Melissa McCarthy said...

We are the leading car wreckers & car recycling company—the Scrap Car Removal Logan for your Old & Scrap Car service. We are famous for providing fast and fair cash for cars in Sherwood, Australia. We will do free pickup, and on-the-spot payment for all vehicle makes and models.